Thursday, April 26, 2012



Okay, I have no idea how the time has gotten away from me! This has been such a challenging school year for me, and at times I thought it would NEVER end. And now, here I am, with just 19 more days to go!
Of couse, I knew that as soon as spring hit, life would ramp up in our house and the days would fly by, but it is still kind of surprising.
We've been super busy in the Harper household, mainly with soccer. Zack is playing with the Pride, again this year, and they made it into the top devision in the Buckeye Premier (yep, super proud momma, here!) Anyway, that leads to practices three times a week, all in Canal Winchester, which is an hour and five minutes away. So, I've spent a LOT of time on the road. Let's just say it's a good thing I LOVE my Denali...lol. Add to that schedule the league games and tournaments, and there are times I can't tell if I'm coming or going.
Tay is doing gymnastics and added tumbling this session, so that takes up our Wednesday nights. Add to all that the regular day-to-day household stuff and trying to get the garden planted, and there doesn't seem to be much time left for scrapping :( However, summer is quickly approaching and then I will have all the time in the world to scrap :)
Now, with all of that said, I have done SOME scrapping, and I wanted to share my latest layouts with you. These are all layouts that I created using the April Birds of a Feather Kit Co. kit. It was full of beautiful new Prima, and I really pushed myself to look beyond just traditional heritage layouts.

This first project was actually a card I created for a tutorial. Now, I don't usually make cards (I have often called myself cardmaking challenged) but I did like how this one turned out.

Of course, I had to do a layout of Little Man, and that is how this layout came to be. I had so much fun using my Big Kick to create the flourishes and leaves.
 

 This next layout was a special one for Kaleb Michael. He is going through a tough time at schools (bullies and anger issues...gotta love that - NOT) and this layout was just for him. He adores Toby, and wanted me to take this picture of the two of them together. Even thought he papers and colors lent themselves to more feminine layouts, I was surprised at how well they could be used on a layout like this, too.

This layout is my favorite! It was inspired by a favorite scrappy artist, Wendy McKell. I loved the grid/box design. I also had so much fun decorating the boxes! Lots of inking going on with this kit, too!

This last layout was created for the April color challenge on the BOAF board, and it was inspired by the April kit. I also had some inspirational help from a layout over at the Prima board. This is just a fun layout of Zack and Little Man. Toby thinks he's such a BIG DOGGIE...lol.

Well, I have other layouts to share, using the May Birds of a Feather kit (whick is AWESOME, by the way) but will save that for another day!
Have a wonderful Friday Eve!!!!


No comments: