Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hello, Old Friend....My Blog.

Hello, Old Friend.....my blog.
It seems like every time I set my mind to updating and staying on top of this blog, something enters the picture and all my good intentions rush right out the window.  So, I say it now, I'm sorry I've been neglectful, and hopefully things will work themselves out very soon and life will get back to an even keel. 

Like always, whenever I am away from my blog, I have still been scrapping. I absolutely LOVE working with Amy's kit, over at Birds of a Feather Kit Club, and this has been one amazing team of women to work with the past few months. 
This first set of layouts was created using the August Birds of a Feather Kit. I really loved that I could get so many different looks with just one kit!

I created this for a tutorial, and also as a special layout for Zack. He's growing up so fast, and I see our time quickly slipping away. This picture was perfect for this layout and the message that had been weighing heavily on my mind. 

This layout was just so fun to create! I found the title on a layout over at Pinterest, and knew I had to use it. I then went looking for a picture and instantly knew I had to use this older one of Jon and the kids. I've never scrapped with it; it's not "perfect", but it reminds me a of time when life was a lot simpler for all of us. 

Some close ups:


This next layout was created using pictures of me and Taylor. Jon took them right before she was born, right after she was born and the day after her birth. This was a bittersweet time for me, since I knew she was my last baby. 

And some close ups:



This last layout using the August kit was created for the color challenge. I used this older picture of Jon and the boys (from 2002) and just had fun playing with the different shapes, patterns and colors. 

This next batch of layouts were all created using the October Birds of a Feather kit. Note, it's TOTALLY different from the August kit and yet it's still AMAZING!

This first layout is of Mr. Toby. He is actually sleeping, on his back, in Zack's arms. 

This next layout is a special one for Kal and his new kitty, Shadow. I LOVE how the blue polka dots seem to make her eyes really pop.

This next layout is one I did for a tutorial on making the folded chevron. It was so much fun and I loved playing with all the patterns and colors. I would have never picked these papers, especially together, but once I had them in hand, I LOVED what I was able to create! 
By the way...that folded chevron is so fun and easy!

And some close ups:


This layout was created for a shape challenge. I had so much fun using these older pictures of Zack and using all those circles.

And some close ups:


This last layout is one of my favorites. I really loved the diamond shapes in the paper, and fussy cutting them and piecing them back together in a random pattern was the perfect touch for this layout. 

And some close ups:




 This last group of layouts were all created using the October Birds of a Feather kit. Again, it's totally different from the September kit....and the August kit.....and the July kit.....(I think you get the point :D )

This first one is a double and I used the October sketch over at BOAF to create it. I LOVE the blues and greens in this kit, so went with the dark navy for the background and the mix of patterns.  The chipboard banners were created using the chipboard banners and buttons, offered as an extra with the kit

And some close ups:


I really love the sentiments that came on one of the Jillibean papers, so decided to create a card. It was super easy to create and I love that I was able to use scraps to create it. 

This next layout is a favorite of mine. I think it's because this picture was taken on our anniversary, back in 2005, and because the picture is just so "us". And, to be honest, I LOVE all the pink and that chevron paper.

And some close ups:


This next layout went in a totally different direction then expected, and I'm still not sure about it. Somehow, it seems to be missing "something"......
However, it did use a favorite picture of Jon and Taylor, so I think I'll keep it ;)

And some close ups:


This next project was created for another tutorial. I decided to make this cute little gift card holder for my mom. It was super easy and fast to create, and it was another great way to use up those scraps. 

This next layout is of Mr. Toby. I love this Bazzill embossed cardstock, so decided to use it for my background. I then grabbed a fun sketch that I had pinned over at Pinterest and started creating. 

And some close ups:


And this is my final layout using the October kit. Since I went all blues and greens with the last layout, I decided that totally pink and girly would be perfect for this one. Plus, I LOVE that OA floral paper. 

And a close up:

 Whew...I am tired, but it feels good to finally have time to catch this blog back up. Here's to hoping it's not another month before I blog, again.
Have a blessed night!




No comments: