Friday, May 04, 2012

It's Time! 
The Flock Together Crop and Super NSD Sale are on over at Birds of a Feather Kit Co. The crop challenges are AWESOME, and the sale that Amy has going on in the Boutique is OUTRAGEOUS! She has lots and lots of items priced at just $1, and lots of paper and cardstock at slashed prices. Trust me, you don't want to wait to check out the selection...things are going to go fast at these prices!

As for the crop, the Scrap Chicks have challenged our members to Celebrate ______________. Each of us filled in the blank with something different. I did three challenges, and picked Friends, Faith and Love as my themes. 

A Celebration of Friends:
Friendships are everlasting bonds in our lives. They are those individuals that we connect with, relate to, laugh with, cry with and for; they are friends. The great thing about scrapbooking is that it has brought a lot of us together, who would otherwise never meet or have the chance to be friends. So, this challenge is all about Friendship. You need to create a layout about friends or friendship. I would LOVE if you made this a Book of Me challenge and made a layout about you and your friends (in real life and/or online), but you can also think broader and look at your kids, your family members, etc.

Here is my layout. I chose to do a layout of my three closest friends. I've known Pam for six years and she is an online scrappy friend. Susie and I have known each other for eight years. We met through our boys and we can spend hours sitting out on the porch talking. Toda is my best friend at work, and we've known each other for thirteen years. We keep each other sane in an often insane environment of 8th grade.


A Celebration of Faith:
For me, my faith and relationship with God is an important part of my life. So, I really wanted to host a challenge that celebrated Faith.

When I looked up the definition of Faith at dictionary.com, these are what popped up:
FAITH:
1. Confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2. Belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
3. Belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
4. Belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.
5. A system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.
6. The obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc.: Failure to appear would be breaking faith.
7. The observance of this obligation; fidelity to one's promise, oath, allegiance, etc.: He was the only one who proved his faith during our recent troubles.
8. Christian Theology . the trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved.

Now, there are so many different ways to approach this challenge. Maybe you want to talk about the faith you have in your marriage or relationship with another. Maybe you want to talk about your faith in someone or something following through with a task, or maybe, like me, you want to talk about your Faith/religion.

Here is my layout. I took this picture of the stack of bibles on our nightstand. I see them every night before I go to bed and every morning when I wake up. They are a constant comfort and reminder of my relationship with the Lord.


A Celebration of Love:
When I was brainstorming possible topics for challenges, Taylor came up with this one and I loved the idea. There are lots of things in our life to celebrate, but LOVE is one of the most precious ones. So, you need to create a layout that celebrates love. To give this just a little (and easy twist), you MUST use the word "LOVE"  on your layout.

Here is my layout for this challenge. I used one picture of us as a family, then grabbed smaller random pictures of Toby, Jon and the kids.

There are lots more challenges over at the BOAF Forum, and there will be several games during the weekend, too. We'd love for you to join us for all the fun and scrappy goodness going on this weekend!
Have a Blessed Friday!

No comments: