Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Good Friday, Friends!
We spent the evening with my in-laws, eating and having a wonderful devotional. This year the devotional revolved around the book Heaven if for Real. If you haven't read this book or know anything about it, I HIGHLY recommend that you check it out.

Also, Ms. Amy has shared my DT layouts over at BOAF, so I can finally share them on my blog (so excited!) I was able to create 9 layouts, four cards and an altered project with this awesome kit and all the add ons. This was my first time working with Jillibean supplies (they've always scared me in the past) and now I can't wait to get my hands on some more! And of course, the LYB Twig collection is just amazingly beautiful!

So, settle back and get ready to see what I created :)

Just You: I've seen these hearts used on other layouts online and in magazines, so when I saw this Jillibean paper I knew I had to fussy cut those hearts. And, thus began this layout. I used older pictures of my middle child, Kaleb.


I Have the Memory of a Gnat: I found this title on a layout in an older Scrapbooks Etc. magazine, and KNEW I had to use it! I have the same memory problem, and felt it would be perfect for a BOM. I loved working the bright orange cs and Jillibean Gruyere Cheese pp. I added lots of the Jillibean die cut tags and journaling spots, and then mixed and matched the Jillibean and Belle Blvd. alphas. LOVE that green Bazzill Just the Edge Perfectly Pleated Cardstock and the wide ribbon, too! A couple close ups:
Fast Friends: This is my oldest and my mom's new puppy, Riley. I took this picture the day that we finally got to meet her, and she really seemed taken with Zack (and him with her...lol). For this layout, I used Jillibean Cornstarch pp. I cut the circle and then used the opposite side for the bottom piece. I added some LYP corrugated flowers, ribbon, sugar pick and more of those awesome Jillibean stickers and fussy cut hearts.


And a couple of close ups:


She's a Bird Killer: This layout was totally inspired by one I saw over at Scrapbook.com. Once I saw the title and the LYB Twig...I knew I had to lift the layout for my own bird killer, Gizmo. I used only one piece of LYB pp for this layout (which totally helped me stretch this kit) and then added the LYB frame and chipboard (large bird)...then fussy cut the branch, leafs and smaller birds.
And a close up:



Sweetness: I loved playing with this layout. I used some cardboard from the February BOAF kit and used white paint on it. I created the water distressed flowers (using a tutorial from Gabrielle P. over at MCS). I did throw in some bling from my stash, then fussy cut some leafs and added the corrugated bird.


And a couple of close ups:

What a Life: I used this Jillibean Leeks pp for this layout about my 6 pound skitty (scared kitty), Lady Jade :D The pp just seemed the perfect colors for her, and I was able to pull in the greens because of the green in the picture. I created another water distressed flower for this one, fussy cut some more hearts and snagged more of that Bazzill trim.

And a couple of close ups:

Remember I Love You Bunches: This is a layout of my middle child, Kaleb Michael, holding his baby sister, Taylor Quinn. I loved the bright yellow of this Jillibean Creme Fraiche paper. I used one half of the file folder as a mat, added the Jillibean Bean Blossom and then layered more of the awesome Jillibean die cuts and stickers.


And a couple of close ups:


This...This I Want to Always Remember:
This layout was created using LYB Twig papers. When I saw this picture of my middle child, Kaleb, I knew it was perfect for these papers. I loved using the frame as a title block and added some older Prima flowers from my stash...they worked perfect with the LYP corrugated leaves, so I threw some of those on there with some older bling. I finished off the layout with some Jillibean twine.

And a couple of close ups:

A Perfect Pair, Like Oreos and Milk:
This is my husband and my daughter (taken several years ago). Let's just say that they are often WAY too alike for my sanity :D Anyway, this was the last layout I created for the kit, and finally used that Jillibean Dry Mustard Powder pp. I used more of the awesome die cuts and stickers, Bazzill trim and corrugated shapes.



A close up:
Okay...storms are getting ready to roll in and Blogger is giving me fits...so I'm off for the night. I will load the rest of my creations tomorrow.
Have a great night, all!


3 comments:

mustangkayla said...

You definitely ROCKED the kit!

Unknown said...

Some great stuff here! Love your work!

Tara O said...

you have done some AWESOME work here!!! I couldn't pick a fave!