Friday, July 06, 2012

It's July!

Happy July, All!
I have to admit, that I thought I would have a ton of time to scrap, blog and just relax, but so far it's been anything but calm and relaxing. Zack decided to take Spanish 2 in summer school, instead of taking it next year. Add to that open fields for soccer, gymnastics and counseling sessions, and the time has just flown by me! 

Now, I have managed to find lots of time to scrap, and want to share some of them with you.

First off, I have a few more layouts to share using the June Birds of a Feather kit. 

This first layout was created using flowers that I created for a tutorial over at Birds of a Feather. Now, I didn't come up with this technique, it's just one that I've wanted to try for a while. 
Here is the step-by-step tutorial: Paper Flowers
And, here is the layout that I created using the flowers:

And a couple of close ups of the flowers:


This next layout is a special one for my middle son, Kaleb Michael. In May we found out that one of our cats, Lady Jade, was dying from acute kidney failure. She was Kal's favorite, his baby girl, and it was a very hard time for the entire family, but especially him. However, he was a trooper through it all, and I wanted to document the story for him. I also used the last picture that I took of Lady Jade and Kal for this layout.

Here is the story. I tucked this behind the smaller picture. 

This next layout is also for Kal. He LOVES to read, and we often talk about how books can take us to far off wonderful places. Thus, the travel themed papers and embellies were perfect for this type of layout. 

Now, other then working with my kits, I also managed to join in the fun over at the June From Here 2 Scrapternity crop. It felt great to create without deadlines AND to dig into my stash and use up some older papers and embellies :D

 Here is the layout that I created for the challenge I hosted. For this one I wanted you to be inspired by clothing. This saying came from a t-shirt that I've thought about buying for Zack.

This layout was for a challenge where we had to create a double layout. It was just the push I needed to get started back on my Project 12 album. 

This layout was created for a Something Old, Something New, Something borrowed & Something blue challenge. I was inspired by a layout from Nichole N. That was my borrowed part.

 This layout was created for the recipe challenge. I loved using these papers and think I may need to pick up a few more pieces :D

This layout was created for a flower challenge.  I loved using these older Rusted Sun papers and embellies.

This layout was created for the sketch challenge. There were lots of circles on it, and that of course, led me to soccer balls :D

 This last layout was created for a Summer challenge. Again, I loved digging out some older Echo Park papers and embellies.



Well, I have lots more to share, but think I will end it for tonight. However, I will be back later this weekend to share more layouts for my Project 12 album and all the layouts that I've created using the July Birds of a Feather Kit. 
TGIF, All!

No comments: