Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year's Eve!

I don't know about anyone else, but it's hard to believe that 2011 is coming to an end. I have to admit, I say this every year, but it seems like the older I get, the quicker life is passing me by :(
Looking back, 2011 wasn't a terrible year, in fact, it was pretty good for the Harper family. We had lots of blessings, and very few valleys, and I feel so blessed that we are together, healthy and happy.
On to scrappy related things, I have managed (so far) to complete all of the Count Down to 2012 challenges that have been posted over at Birds of a Feather Kit Co. I have to admit, that several of them have been super challenging for me, but that just makes me love the challenge, more.
Here are the rest of the challenges that I've completed, so far:

December 26th: Progressive Challenge
Day Four - Add something that has been misted/painted/stickled/smootched and a metal embellie
I misted the lace with two different colors and then added the tiny metal "t" at the bottom. The "t" stands for Toby :)

Day Five: Add a title with at least two different fonts and add your journaling

December 29th Challenge: What you may have missed in 2011
I did this layout about my mom. I need to remember that she is often alone, now, and I need to make sure that I check in with her several times a week. I love and appreciate her so much, and I need to remember to tell her these things. 
I used the August Birds of a Feather kit for this layout.

December 30th Challenge: Bucket List
I had a ton of fun with this layout. I've wanted to do a Bucket List for a while, now, and this challenge gave me the push I needed. I was totally inspired by THIS awesome layout from Wendy McKee. 

Here is a look at the journaling that I included on the tags. 

Okay, off to see if I can get anything accomplished on my December Daily. I've only printed the pictures for the next two days, TWICE, and now I can't find them (roll my eyes).
Anyway, off to get crafty. I hope that everyone has a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve!

No comments: