Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Memorial Wreath

This has been a super crazy month for all of us in the Harper household, especially me. My grandpa went into a nursing home right before Thanksgiving. On December 8th, he made the decision to stop dialysis and go into Hospice. He passed away quietly, on December 13th, surrounded by his children. In my heart, I know he was ready to go, but it has still been hard for me. His showing was this past Sunday and the funeral was on Monday. Now it's time for the family to grieve and then begin to heal. Instead of sending flowers to the funeral home, I decided to make a special wreath for my mom, full of pictures of my grandpa. This way, I figured she could keep it and hang it up. Since I was already making something similar for my mother-in-law, I had a lot of what I needed, and picked up the rest of the stuff at Hobby Lobby. Since red was Grandpa's favorite color, I knew it had to be the dominate color on the wreath. I gave her the wreath on Sunday, right before heading up to the funeral home, and she cried. I am so glad I decided to do this for her, and it was really worth the time and effort. 
Here is a picture of the wreath. Please excuse the reflection of me...it was REALLY hard to get a good shot!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

mustangkayla said...

The wreath is beautiful! *hugs* to you and your family! I'm sure this wreath means a lot to your mom!