Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy Sunday! I've had a super busy couple of days, trying to get our garden all figured out. Let's just say that this year has been a major learning year for us, in terms of gardening. I didn't realize, but it's been 11 years since we had a garden, and there are many things I've forgotten. So, I have started a garden journal (which I may turn into an altered book....I know, totally shocking) so that I know WHAT to do next year.

In between all the weeds....and tomato staking....and bean plant hunting (what DOES a lima bean plant look like, anyway), I have managed to do a little scrapping.

This layout was created for the journaling challenge over at Birds of a Feather. I had so much fun using all of the journaling spots (one of my all time favorite embellies) and also used papers and alphas from the July BOAF kit.



This layout is for my best friend. These are her two daughters, and I knew the minute I saw it that I had to do a layout for her. So, I used it to create this for the color challenge over at Birds of a Feather. Can I just say that I love these Sassafrass Lass papers and embellies? The distressing it AMAZING!



I created this layout just because :) I found the quote over at Pinterest and knew I had to use it on a special layout for my dh. This pictures was perfect, because even though he doesn't like cats, he let's me have them, let's Miss Gizmo (in his hands) sleep with us, and even shows them love. See...he's such a great guy! I used a Page Map sketch for this and also used pieces from the July Birds of a Feather kit.



This layout was completed for the current Stash Challenge over at Birds of a Feather. We had to use rub-ons, and even had to alter several embellishments using said rub-ons. I ended up making the butterfly by placing the rub-on on a pp and then cutting it out. Then, I placed two different rub-ons over the cream flowers. I then tucked in some green leaf rub-ons and finished with a #5 rub-on on top of the green button.



This last layout was created for the current Sketch Challenge over at From Here 2 Scrapternity. It was a double, and the minute I saw it I knew it would be perfect for some soccer pictures.

Okay, time to get off the computer and see about getting Kal and Taylor all packed up for a few days with their grandparents and VBS.
I hope your Sunday is blessed!

No comments: