Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Blessed Sunday!
I have been working on some Faithbooking this weekend, and wanted to share my creations with everyone.


Amy, over at Birds of a Feather, asked me to work with some of this It Takes Two product to see what I could create. At first I was unsure because of the background designs, but once I threw myself into the whole process, I was amazed at how easy everything was to use!


This first layout is my favorite. I totally love the background colors and the scripture. Wanting to keep the background heart, I printed out the three pictures of the kids and Jon, and layered them within the heart, itself. I then went looking for ribbon and flowers. The flower spray is from Prima and is something I've had for a while. I added the purple rose (again, from Prima) and some rhinestone bling. To finish it up, I took a scripture sticker and cut it apart to fit into the journaling spot.


This next layout was the one that really pushed me to try some new things. I loved the colors, but it was hard to match the exact colors. So, I misted the background paper with white paint and then found bazzill that matched. I misted the cs, too, then went over the cs with Shimmerz (angel wings). I've had this Shimmerz for several years, and was amazed at how easy and fun it was to use. I just painted it where I wanted, using my paint brush to get just the right amount of coverage.
The picture is one I took of the kids and Jon this past spring. I thought that it was perfect with this scripture. I layered the picture under part of the scripture (which I fussy cut) and then took another scripture sticker and fit some of it the butterfly and the rest on a journaling spot. I dug in my stash for more Prima flowers and leafs to finish out the layout.
The third layout was created using a picture of my dd, taken on Christmas Eve, back in 2002. She was just a month old, and again, I thought it was perfect with the scripture on the background paper. Loving the design on this one, too, I stayed with the heart. I went ahead and fussy cut some hearts from the background paper (under the picture) and used them to layer with the other chipboard hearts. The chipboard pieces were also covered with paper cut from under the picture. The KC wooden flower/flourish element was painted white and then covered with more Shimmerz. I added a couple of Prima flowers from my stash, along with some ribbon.

This last layout was pretty fun to create. I used this picture that I took of the kids last week. I added the stitched circles to help mimic the background pattern. I then found some cardstock to use as the bracket and the journaling spot. I went ahead and added more Shimmerz to the cardstock, to help it blend in with the paper. I then added some white doodles and cut apart another scripture sticker to add to the journaling spot. Throw in some more Prima flowers and leafs, and the layout was complete.
Okay, it's another HOT and HUMID day here in southern Ohio, so I'm thinking it's about time to hit the pool (again). Have a wonderful Sunday and stay cool!

3 comments:

A Sarasota said...

Those are so, so beautiful!! love what you did with shimmerz...

mustangkayla said...

What beautiful layouts! I had a piece similar to those in my stash for a long time. I finally got rid of it but now wish I would have kept it! Fantastic work!

The Gov. said...

Love the beautiful layouts!