Thursday, July 07, 2011

Happy Thursday, All! I just wanted to take a few minutes to make a quick post.

First of all, the July XOXO Lipstick Chick Challenge went live this morning. So, feel free to pop on over there, pick a layout and lift away! The entire team did an amazing job with the list we were given.

Here is my July XOXO layout. I used the awesome July Sketch over at Birds of a Feather to help with this one. I often struggle with sports pages, mainly because I think most of the sports themed papers are pretty cheesy, so I downloaded the pictures of the soccer balls and then printed them out on photo paper. These are all action shots of Zack at his last soccer game of the season, on June 11.


I'm also working my way through the other July Challenges over at Birds of a Feather. So far, I've done the sketch challenge (above) and ended up creating two layouts for the technique challenge. For the technique challenge, we had to create our own background paper AND couldn't use any patterned paper, anywhere, on the layout (yea, I can hear you gasping even as I type!) I actually ended up with two layouts for this challenge, mainly because I couldn't decide with idea to run with...so did both :D

For this first one, I just used a TH mask and white paint, then fussy cut the design and tucked the picture underneath the cut part. I then journaled on the large picture, using lyrics from one of my all time favorite Michael W. Smith songs.


The second layout I used these LYB doilies and four different colors of mist. I then added lots of scrap lace pieces and used pictures of Miss Taylor on her first day of Pre-K (preschool).

1 comment:

knopkiniukai said...

this is so gorgeous. Super idea!
Thanks for dropping by to my blog.
Cherubs