Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy Thursday! August has been a somewhat crazy month, and I've been trying to soak up as much of the summer sun and vacation time as possible. It's hard for me to believe, but I head back to school on Monday and the kids follow me on Thursday. *Sigh*...it just doesn't seem possible that my summer vacation is over.

So, I have been doing some scrapping this month, too. One project I wanted to finish before heading back to work was this mini album. I still had lots of wonderful It Takes Two products from Amy over at Birds of a Feather and the scripture stickers led me to this idea. I went through and covered the pages with the two different papers, then surfed through my pictures for ones that I felt fit with the scripture stickers. I used the journaling spots for the stickers, and simply cut the stickers apart to get them to fit onto the spots. I then searched through my stash and added flowers, ribbons, etc. I have to admit, I really like the final product.


Title Page and Finished Project:
Page One:
I just used random pictures of the kids on this one.

Page Two: This picture was taken, several years ago, at the church where my in-laws were married.

Page Three: I took this picture of Kal last summer. I love this boy!

Page Four: Each Christmas Eve my mil puts together a devotional for the kids. This is one they did several years ago....I have to say, one of my favorites.
Page Five: These pictures were taken at my in-law's 50th wedding anniversary. Jon and I had just celebrated our 16th anniversary the day before.

Page Six: Miss Taylor Quinn right after she had her ears pierced.
Page Seven: A recent picture of me. Not many of these in my photo album.
Page Eight: These are random pictures taken two years ago.
Page Nine: My Zachary Grafton. I can't believe he's a freshman this year. BTW...I love these metal wings from Tim Holtz.
Page Ten: One of my favorite pictures of all three kids, taken at Thanksgiving.
Page Eleven: This is a picture of my grandpa with my kids. He's always been such a wonderful Christian man, and I thought this scripture was perfect for him.
Page Twelve: This is my mom's dog, Riley, looking at the window with Kaleb Michael.


Okay, off to do a little laundry and cleaning. Hope to share some new layouts with you in a little bit! Have an AWESOME Thursday!

3 comments:

A Sarasota said...

Wow, what a fantastic mini! Love those wings, too...

mustangkayla said...

This mini came out fantastic! Beautiful work!

Karen said...

This is a great project, Linda! Fantastic work :)