Thursday, December 02, 2010

Happy Thursday, All!
We are now into December, and I don't know about anyone else, but I am more then ready for some serious Holiday cheer! The house is slowly getting all decked out for Christmas (I just have a couple more rooms to decorate and ornaments on the main tree) and to make things even better, we are expecting some accumulating snow this weekend!!!
All of this means, of course, that I will have lots of scrapping time this weekend, and with my challenge folder overflowing (plus lots of new challenges over at From Here 2 Scrapternity and Scrap Attack Scrapbooking just posted for the month of December) I will have tons of mojo!
So, anyone want to join me in scrapping this weekend?

Okay, before I head off to grade more papers, I want to share some of my current favorite creations. I've been working on challenges, and sketches and SSU classes, and have created several layouts that I really love.


I created this for a menu challenge. I used the playing cards to represent my dh and I (2), my kids (3) and our entire family (5). After doing that, I knew I needed a card playing kind of title, with lead me to this one:
This layout was created for a SSU class over at SAS. The class was all about using alcohol inks. I've had some for a couple of years, but never knew what to do with them. Nadine's awesome tips helped me to get over my fear and just play. These are pictures of me and dh, from our engagement picture, to our wedding, then one taken about four years ago and finally one taken last year at Christmas.
Here is another layout created for an SSU class. This one was all about journaling. I don't ever have trouble journaling on my layouts (it has to be the English teacher in me), but often feel like I do the same thing over and over. So, I broke out of my funk with this layout and actually let the kids do their own journaling (ack....that was soooo hard for me to do) and I have to admit that I love the finished project!
I did this layout for a color challenge. We had to use neutrals and only one accent color. I loved how all the neutrals really made the accent color just pop! This is a picture of Miss Taylor back in 2004, on her second birthday.

This is a sketch from Sketch Inspiration. This is a pretty new sketch site for me, and I just LOVE all their sketches. I also had so much fun using these awesome SEI papers!

Finally, another sketch, this time using an awesome one from JJ over at SAS. I created this special layout for my grandmother. She passed away almost two years ago, and right before Thanksgiving it hit me just how much I miss her in my life. My journaling is tucked behind the largest picture of my grandmother.

Okay...my last block of the day is coming in and I'm off to expand those young 8th grade minds.
Have a blessed Thursday!

No comments: