Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Birds of a Feather Crop Challenges

Happy Tuesday, All! I just wanted to take a few minutes to share some of my latest layouts. Last weekend I played along with the Birds of a Feather Birthday Crop, and was happy that I completed 8 of the 10 challenges! I'm a SUPER slow scrapper, so 8 in one weekend is HUGE for me! 

Challenge One: A Woman Never Reveals Her Age

For this challenge, we had to take our age and add that many of one particular embellishment to our layout. So, since I'm almost 40, I went with 40 tiny rhinestones that I added as centers to some of the background paper. I used this older picture of Miss Taylor Quinn and lots and lots of Simple Stories papers. 

Challenge Two: Celebrate Yourself
 For this challenge we were asked to create a layout that celebrates ourselves.  I had tons of fun creating this layout! I used the September Scrapbook Circle kit and loved playing with the fun colors and patterns! Throw in some of the fun stickers and my layout was complete.

Challenge Three: Banner Fun
This was a hard challenge for me, because we had to use a banner on our layout. Now, anyone that knows me, knows that I don't DO banners. I have always struggled to use them on my layouts, so I knew this one was going to give me fits. However, I did some surfing over at Two Peas and Pinterest and found the idea for this half circle banner. I then grabbed a favorite picture of Mr. Toby, added the October Birds of a Feather kit, and the layout was complete.

Challenge Four: Life is a Journey - Let's Celebrate It!
 This was a pretty easy layout for me to complete. Of all the journeys that I've taken in my life, and will take, being a wife and mother is the most important one to me. So, I pulled this picture of my kids and dh, grabbed the August Birds of a Feather kit and a Pagemap sketch and went to town! 

Challenge Six: The Year You Were Born
 This was a recipe challenge. I had to use four pictures, five different papers, eight of my favorite embellies (I went with flowers) and a one word title. I used pieces from a Scrapbook Circle kit and then added pieces from my stash, too. A Pagemap sketch helped me finish the layout.

Challenge Eight: Birthstone Monochromatic Layout
 For this challenge, we had to pick our birthstone, or the birthstone of a family member, and create a monochromatic layout based on its color. I lucked out because my birthstone is the garnet....I LOVE the color red....and the October Birds of a Feather kit had some of the perfect papers and embellies needed for the layout. I added these super funny pictures of Toby (taken by Miss Taylor Quinn) and the layout was complete!

Challenge Nine: Make a Wish
 For this challenge we were asked to create a layout about something that we wish for, right now. I had several ideas, but decided to go with my dream house. So, I scanned a copy of the house that I would love to someday have out at the land, pulled out another Pagemap sketch and grabbed more of the October Birds of a Feather kit.

Challenge Ten: Party Lyrics 
 On this last layout, we were given a selection of Birthday songs to chose from, then had to create a layout based on the selected song. I picked "When I'm 64" by the Beatles and then grabbed a favorite layout from one of my favorite artists over at Scrapbook.com, Lucy E. I loved playing with all the Crate papers and embellies....this is one of my favorite lines!

Well, it's been storming and raining tonight, so I'm off to grab a blanket and do a little reading before bed. Have an awesome night!  Oh, and by the way, don't forget that the True XoXo Blog Hop is still going on until October 20. 

1 comment:

misty said...

All of your layouts are beautiful! Love your style!